Monday, May 30, 2011

So today I worked for 6 delightful hours, boy was that fun.  Actually, it really wasn't all that bad, I didn't mind having to work today.  The store was pretty busy for the first 3 hours of my shift, but the last 3 were slow and unbearable.  Today was also filled with a bunch of people who just weren't in good moods, which made the day ever so slightly more interesting.  Oh well, I got paid time and a half because it was memorial day, so that made everything slightly better.  


I could not believe, when I left work at 8 that it was so HOT! wow!  It is so hot and sticky out it's crazy!  I got home, and sat outside for a few minutes, my dad had just cut the grass and it smelled so summery, also with the smell of the lilac bush across the street... It was a pretty good end to the day, nice and relaxing :)  


Oh, the other day I got to see one of my friends!  It was so nice catching up with her, now that I'm home for the summer.  We went to The Bar and had a few drinks and just chatted for a few hours.  We tried this one shot that she recommended, which she called the "sperm shot."  I was slightly skeptical about trying this shot, but it was actually really good.  It was a combination of baileys and lime juice.. which you wouldn't think would be good, but it was a good combination of sweet and sour... But the combination of the two made the substance curdle, which is where the "sperm" comes in.  Haha it was rather different, but good.  They also played Mmm Bop by Hansen at the bar too... That totally made my night a hell of a lot better!  Ahhh that was just a fun and much needed night :)


Now I'm going to sit with my mother... have a strong drink and watch, The Secret Life of The American Teenager!  Yes, I know what you're thinking... that is the stupidest show ever!  Well, I fully agree on that, the show is all about who and who isn't having sex, at age 16.  It is slightly ridiculous, but it is so funny to watch!  I haven't missed an episode yet :P


I thought maybe in these blogs too I'll post a favorite painting or photo that I really like, so here go's :)


I love Van Gogh!  I love the way he paints!  My style painting can be a lot like the way he paints, with definite brush strokes.  (So I've been told).  This is one of my favorite paintings, called "Cafe Terrace On The Place Du Forum." (1888)

No comments:

Post a Comment